Wednesday, June 01, 2005

My Song? Let this meme die here....

[via CES which I found because of Avedon]
#1 pop song on the day I was born:
  • US Charts: Daydream Believer - The Monkees [well, ok]
  • UK Charts: Hello Goodbye - The Beatles [better group, anyway]
"Theme Song" aka #1 pop song on my 18th birthday:
  • US Charts: Say You Say Me - Lionel Richie [say it ain't so! -- Ahistoricality]
  • UK Charts: Saving All My Love For You - Whitney Houston [is that worse, or better?]

There isn't a "folk chart" but I imagine that my birth album is probably a Tom Paxton or Joan Baez, and my theme song comes from Stan Rogers. I'd like to think so, anyway....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wound up with Elton John ("Island Girl") and (U.K.) David Bowie ("Space Oddity")...but I'm going to be cagey and not tell if it was my "birth" or my "theme" year. :)

Anne Zook, not doing the meme thing, but just playing.