Actually, I hate New Year's Resolutions. I know what's wrong with me, mostly, and I know what needs to be done. New Year's is just one of several annual "oh, shit. I'm older and still stuck" moments which pass by me every year. I make the same resolutions every time, and I honestly don't think I've ever made any progress on them. But let's see if making them public (yet anonymous) helps.
Here's the short list:
- lose weight and sleep more (yes, those go together)
- blog better: perhaps less frequently, but with more focus (see)
- Manage time (instead of letting it pass me by; also cutting out clear time-wasters)
- Figure out how to be professionally happy not just conceptually (I love my job, in theory) but actually (I'm not so sure about the work I do), which will include, ironically, working harder at it, not to mention considering alternatives.
- Take and share and archive more pictures
- write more letters/e-mails