Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Carnivals old and new

The Carnival of the Liberals has a chatty, award-ceremony format -- cute, but not too cute -- and the 1st Erase Racism Carnival is now up.

Most of it rehashes issues I've seen before, but this post on colorblind foolishness is solid stuff.

From the Liberals' collection, we can learn about International Conscientious Objectors' Day and Neural Gourmet's exhortation to victory is a nice corrective to half-witted pseudo-strategic nattering.

Oh, and the end is nigh! (if you believe crop circles and know nothing of physics or astronomy) [But when TCR gets nervous, I'm nervous]

I laughed, I cried, I backed up my files
Faculty and staff of the English Department will gather at the Brandeis IT center Friday to honor the ThinkPad with a Purple Hard Drive, traditionally awarded to computers that die at least 100 pages into a dangerously boring thesis.
Read the story of the IBM ThinkPad T41 vs. A Hermeneutical Exploration Of Onomatopoeia In The Works Of William Carlos Williams As It May Or May Not Relate To Post-Agrarian Appalachia and thank Oscar Chamberlain for showing us the way.

No comments: