Saturday, May 13, 2006

Five Senses Meme

Favorite sensations, five each [via]:

Sight:
unforced smiles
natural colors in sunlight
Someone using something I made
unashamed modern art, in person
unexpected animals

Sound
giggles
Dvorak's "New World" Symphony
a small group singing "Oseh Shalom" with counterpoint (usually me)
the opening theme of "A Prairie Home Companion" (either the current one or "Hello, Love")
birdsong in a quiet place

Touch
child's hair
fresh, clean professional clothes
the tug of ripe fruit coming off the tree
an unrequested shoulder rub (certain people, of course)
[ahem]

Taste
dark, dark chocolate
chunks of garlic in a stew or soup
eggs benedict florentine
soft, fresh mozzerella
Matzo balls in chicken soup

Smell
random flowers on a light breeze
baking
the inside of a spice shop (or the outside of a spice factory)
medium roast coffee
new books

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed this the first time through, but I thought I'd let you know this made me smile.

-H