Thursday, June 29, 2006

Adapted LiveJournal Self-Quiz

1. What does your LivejournalBlogger name mean?
I do not want to be simply a symptom of the times: I want to draw on the strong but neglected histories and I want to be a harbinger and creator of a different future.

2. Elaborate on your default profile photo?
It's Japanese. When I started this blog I wanted an image that was facelike but abstract, and I had this in my collection.

3. Make up a question.
Have you considered going into politics?
Yes, and I think I have the analytical and policy skills, but I don't think I have the presentation (I think when I talk, which is death on speechmaking) and people skills (I hate asking for money, and I hate committing myself to courses of action in which I don't really believe) to succeed in today's political arena. Every so often I say "I could do better" and my spouse reminds me that I'd hate it....

4. What's your current relationship status?
Married.

5. What EXACTLY are you wearing right now?
Not what you think....

6. What is your current problem?
Organization and self-discipline.

7. Who do you love most?
Toss-up: Spouse or child.

8. What makes you most happy?
Doing something for someone that makes them feel loved.
Also chocolate.

9. Are you musically inclined?
In some ways, yes.

10. If you could go back in time, and change something, what would you change?
There's so much to choose from.... I'd prevent the publication of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and preserve the Library of Alexandria.

11. If you MUST be an animal for ONE day, what would you be?
It would be fun to fly: I'd have to be a bird. A seagull, I think.

12. Ever have a near death experience?
I've come dangerously close to falling asleep while driving once or twice.

13. Name an obvious quality you have.
Size.

14. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
Henry Mancini's Theme for the Pink Panther; we heard an amateur rendition recently, and downloaded a really nice one so the Little Anachronism could hear the real thing.

15. Who did you cut and paste this from?
MochiTsuki

16. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
No, but you can look up your own birthday here.

17. Have you ever vandalized someone's private property?
Not to my knowledge.

18. Have you ever been in a fight?
Not physically.

19. Have you ever sung in front of a large audience?
Yes, several times.

20. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite/same sex?
Whether they are smiling.

21. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
Last time I ordered something in a Starbucks.... it's been a while. I don't remember what they call it, but one of my favorite coffee-shop drinks is the Depth Charge: a cup of coffee with an extra shot of espresso. I don't like to get a lot of calories from creams and flavor shots.... though I will do mocha stuff sometimes.

24. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
No.

25. Do you still watch kiddy movies or TV shows?
With Little Anachronism, of course.

26. Did you have braces?
No.

27. Are you comfortable with your height?
Yes.

28. What is the most romantic thing someone has ever done for you?
Overcome their own fears.

29. Do you speak any other languages?
Yes.

30. Do you have a crush on someone on your livejournal or blogroll?
Ummm.... in a platonic bloggerly sense, I suppose so.

1 comment:

White Rabbit said...

Hey, I've seen this quizzy making the rounds on myspace!! what a small world!