- Experience fear together. [which explains the inappropriate relationships and sex scenes in most thriller movies, I suppose]
- Body language. [Standing: good. Knuckle-dragging: bad]
- Music. [not with body parts, though. Not on a first date, anyway]
- Chemistry. [a.k.a. alcohol and chocolate; also, for men, soap]
- Eye contact. [Because you don't usually fall in love at first smell.... see above]
- Jokes. [How'm I doing so far?]
And, if your date is a member of Congress, or you yourself are a member of Congress, you might want to consider an FBI chaperone (more; hypocritical bastards).