Monday, April 17, 2006

Logical and Rhetorical Resources

I always get a bit nervous when someone links to me and to collections of logical and rhetorical fallacies in the same post. But I'm pretty sure The Chainik Hocker isn't making a point about me... yet. He did, however, cite some really nice resources, which I'll reproduce here:
But bad grammar and poor writing skills doesn’t madden me quite so much as poor logic skills.

Therefore, I ask that the entire Blogosphere be required to at least skim the following links:
Propaganda Critic
Logical Fallacies and the Art of Debate
And, the most inclusive
A Handbook of Rhetorical Devices
That last one includes a really rigorous quiz at the end, in which you get 25 quotations and are required to name the rhetorical devices being used. Good stuff!

No comments: