Saturday, April 29, 2006

Communal Violence

Conservative commentator incites violence, goes unpunished, again.

Brian Ulrich thinks, in related issues, that understanding your enemy is good policy.

I think that historical scholarship based on emotional epiphanies should be considered suspect, no matter who it's about. (in related news, this petition in support of the authors was taken down (after some initial success), I suspect because of the hundreds of critical and satirical signers which I saw when I checked it yesterday. I really don't like the paper in question, and I think Cole's defense of it is a bit shallow, but dumbass vandalism and vulgarity doesn't help.

Finally, news from the top: George Bush fits psychological pattern of bad, bad presidents. To be fair, I probably do, too...

No comments: