Saturday, April 15, 2006

History Carnival

It's up. It's really good stuff, too.

Penny Richards Disability Blog Roundup has some good history, as well as the other stuff. There's a notice there that May 1 will be "Blogging Against Disabilism" day, so I've got two weeks to think of something to say....

Speaking of Carnivals, here's the long-term result of the Bad History Carnival peak I reported earlier. Traffic is back to its normal double-digit levels, with triple-digit days with links from elsewhere.


More and more: The Monthly Teaching Carnival is up, and it's a somewhat less overwhelming collection than usual. Must be midterms....

And Carnivalesque is an Early Modern ... cabinet? Not just any cabinet, but a Wunderkammer! Beautiful and full descriptions and presentation; very nicely done.

3 comments:

Nels P. Highberg said...

Sorry about the teaching carnival. I was surprised by the lack of posts this time around. Technorati only had, like, five or so for the whole month. Of course, while putting it together, I realized that I had only written one entry that was remotely related. Perhaps it is that last push of the semester.

Ahistoricality said...

Don't get me wrong: I'm not complaining; I'm quite serious when I call the normal volume "overwhelming". I'm one of those folks who thinks that a high volume of submissions makes a carnival unwieldy for hosts and for readers and should be a signal to increase frequency.

It's a good carnival, always; it's just that there are so many people working on the topic.

George H. Williams said...

I think having a Teaching Carnival every two weeks would be a good idea, if we could find that many people to host it.