Thursday, October 20, 2005

Yes, I'm agnostic. But I'm a Jewish agnostic

You fit in with:
Agnosticism


Your ideals mostly resemble those of an Agnostic. You are fairly ambivalent towards any religion or spiritual connection. You lead a very busy life and find that religion and spirituality are unnecessary to your life.

0% scientific.
20% reason-oriented.

Take this quiz at QuizGalaxy.com


Is this a standard faith/reason chart? There's a lot about it that doesn't ring true. And I really belong considerably more on the science side; problem is that the questions force you to admit to even a little spirituality, then blow it up. Eh.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm..

You fit in with:
Humanism

Your ideals mostly resemble that of a Humanist. Although you do not have a lot of faith, you are devoted to making this world better, in the short time that you have to live. Humanists do not generally believe in an afterlife, and therefore, are committed to making the world a better place for themselves and future generations.

0% scientific.
60% reason-oriented.


I don't know that I entirely agree with that either. Esxpecially the 0% scientific.

Still, a quiz is always fun. :)

Anne Zook
http://annezook.com

Ahistoricality said...

I definitely think the quiz is weighted against science, probably because of a somewhat overliteral definition of science.

And I really do think that the chart is weird: look how large the Scientology range is, for goodness sakes!

Anonymous said...

There is something seriously wrong with this quiz. I came out a Taoist.

Ahistoricality said...

That's truly, truly funny.

I didn't even look at that side of the chart: I'd start by swapping the Buddhist and Taoist areas (Buddhism is much more rationalistic than Taoism, which is fundamentally anti-rational).

So then you'd be Buddhist!

Anonymous said...

I got:

50% scientific.
60% reason-oriented.

It thinks that is Atheism, I am an Agnostic Jew.

Whatever I am, It looks like I am 110% it.