Via the Pooflinger, I tried out the FM 100 Hue Test, which scores your ability to distinguish color shades across fairly narrow spectra.
I scored 23 which doesn't seem good....
Friday, December 26, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Best Of 2008?
Jon Swift asked his blogroll inhabitants to cite their best post for the year. Here are my candidates:
- Time to Settle Up, 5 November 2008
- Echoes of Fascist Rhetoric, 20 October 2008
- Current Events Sonnet, 9 October 2008
- Exploding Head Alert, 19 September 2008
- Palin can't even tell the truth about her own faith, 11 September 2008
- Ahistoricality Alert: Unspeakably Banal, 2 May 2008
- Blog Against Disabilism Day: Chess, 1 May 2008
Monday, December 08, 2008
Comment Elsewhere: Grading Season
In a PH Open Thread I wrote:
It's the calm before the storm. For the next three days, my students will be working furiously while I knock about answering emails and contemplating my career. Then, for the next week, I will be grading vociferously while they study frantically; then, for a half-week or so, I will be grinding through the grading while they toddle off home, free from academic labor until mid-January. I am scheduled to leave for home mere hours after my final grades are due, so I don't even get the privilege of collapse, nor even my traditional post-grading beer (until all the driving's done, anyway). Then I get to spend the break, when not making merry with family, prepping for class, catching up on reading and -- gasp! -- writing, and figuring out how to cast my academic adventures this year in my Annual Report. The start of next semester will be something of a relief....
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Legacies: Recycling and Six Word Memoir Meme
1. Write your own six word memoir
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4. Tag five more blogs with links [I don't tag. But I will note that SMITH Magazine is collecting submissions.]
5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
Well, here goes nothing:
My history in history isn't history.
Well, OK. It's cute, but it's not quite me. I'll think some more.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)