He (or she) spends 95 percent of the time indoors [if you count time in cars], thinks abortion is morally wrong but supports the right to have one, owns an electric coffeemaker, has nine friends and at least one pet, and would rather spend a week in jail than become president. He (or she) lives within a 20-minute drive of a Wal-Mart, attends church at least once a month, prefers smooth peanut butter to chunky, lives where the average annual temperature is between 45 and 65 degrees [and there's some snow, according to the article], and believes that Jews make up 18 percent of the population (the actual figure is between 2 and 3 percent).OK, I'm not terribly average. I knew that....
Other markers of normalcy cited in the article (the book has 140 criteria!) include
- "12.7 years of education" [I'm a bit over that]
- "a midsize car" [which gets, at last report, pretty much average gas mileage]
- "in favor of marriages between blacks and whites"
- "live in a one-unit owner-occupied detached dwelling, or private home"
- "most Americans live in suburbs" [sorta]
A quiz! We need a quiz!