Saturday, February 11, 2006

Global Personality Test

OK, I thought about it, and decided to do a little feedback on this test, because it's not sitting well with me at all.
Advanced Global Personality Test Results
Extraversion |||||||||||||| 60%
Stability |||||||||||| 43%
Orderliness |||||||||||||| 60%
Accommodation |||||||||||||||| 63%
Interdependence |||||||||||||||| 70%
Intellectual |||||||||||||||| 70%
Mystical |||||| 30%
Artistic |||||||||| 36%
Religious |||||||||||||||| 70%
Hedonism |||||||||||| 43%
Materialism |||||||||||| 50%
Narcissism |||||||||| 36%
Adventurousness |||| 16%
Work ethic |||||||||||||| 56%
Self absorbed |||||| 23%
Conflict seeking |||||||||||||| 56%
Need to dominate |||||||||||| 50%
Romantic |||||| 30%
Avoidant |||||||||||||||| 63%
Anti-authority |||||||||||| 43%
Wealth |||||| 30%
Dependency |||||||||||||||| 63%
Change averse |||||||||||| 50%
Cautiousness |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Individuality |||| 16%
Sexuality |||||||||||||| 56%
Peter pan complex || 10%
Physical security |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Physical Fitness || 10%
Histrionic |||||||||||| 50%
Paranoia |||||||||||||||| 70%
Vanity |||||| 30%
Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 43%
Female cliche || 10%
Take Free Advanced Global Personality Test
personality tests by similarminds.com [via]

Stability results were moderately low which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious. ...This is kind of a surprising result. Not the worrying bit -- I know about that -- but I don't think of myself as terribly insecure
Orderliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, reliable, neat, and hard working at the expense of flexibility, efficiency, spontaneity, and fun.
Well, there's no question that I do get frustrated at the frequency with which logic, reason and planning fail to win the day
Extraversion results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.
Well, I'm a blogger, which means I read and react constantly, complete with links, and a neurotic interest in measurements of attention. But I think I've got a pretty damned good idea who I am and it's not anybody else.

Trait Snapshot:

cleanI try to shower regularly, and I don't run out of underwear much...
self revealingsee above
openI don't know: honest, yes. "Open" implies an eagerness that doesn't seem quite right.
organizedOut of sheer self-defense, sometimes.
outgoing, social, makes friends easilyMore so on-line, honestly, than in person.
enjoys leadership and managing othersI enjoy policing details; it's not the same thing.
dominantOverbearing, at times. I have a talent for sounding authoritative, even when I'm faking it, which is quite disconcerting to some who know me well....
does not like to be aloneActually, I don't mind it a bit, most of the time.
assertiveNot terribly, no. Again, out of self-defense and necessity, I've gotten more so over time, and on-line I'm a tiger!
hard workingObsessive, sometimes. see below
finisherYes. But not much of a starter....
optimisticWell, more so than the other way, I suppose.
positiveWith a veneer of cynicism so thick that it's not really a veneer....
likes to stand outOn-line, yes. Not so much in person.
likes large partiesNo.
respects authorityNo. I respect people who I know to have earned positions of authority, but my respect for people in positions of power whom I don't know to be competent and fair is nearly nil.
practicalUmm.... I'm a blogger?
high self esteemcompared to what?
perfectionistSometimes.
dislikes chaosDepends on the venue.
busyOf course.
not familiar with the dark side of lifeWrong. Just not a devotee...
controllingPlanning. It's not the same thing.
high self controlUhh... no.
traditionalWell, sometimes.
toughcompared to what?
likes to fit in, conformingI conform because it is useful to conform, and I like the results that come from consciously conforming to particular standards, not because conformity is a good thing as such.
brutally honestYeah.
takes precautionsYes, most of the time.


I think "takes internet quizzes too seriously" ought to be on here somewhere....

1 comment:

Ahistoricality said...

Yeah.

At first I thought the test was OK (and the other folks who've taken the test seem pretty satisfied with the results), but the more I looked at the results, the worse it got. I don't know: maybe I'm not reading the questions right, or being quite as "brutally honest" as I ought to be...

Congratulations, by the way, on the job!