Wednesday, February 01, 2006

History Carnival And...

It's the first of the month, which means Carnivals!

The Elfin Ethicist (one of the cooler names out there, to be sure) has put together a massive History Carnival: so much good stuff that they didn't use my entry! He does note, though that dueling is no longer an excuse for murder in the Netherlands. Too bad. I've always thought that a carefully constructed dueling law could take quite a strain off our court system....

In other odd news, the 2005 Stella awards for most egregiously abusive lawsuits are out. It's rogues gallery, to be sure.

The Carnival of the Vanities includes one of mine, this week, but don't let that scare you; it's near the bottom, with the rest of the political stuff. The host's top picks are interesting reading, actually, and the rest of it (I haven't read it all yet) is either pretty good or at least very well described. It's still kind of conservative heavy, but in a libertarian sort of way...

But, for the liberal antidote, the fifth Carnival of the Liberals is up! Twilight Zone theme, which means that the post descriptions are a bit obscure, but it looks good. (and I'm not just saying that because I'm in it!)

And the Skeptics' Circle this time around is in the form of a battlefield briefing! I'm deeply grateful to Brigadier Prometheus and the rest of the General Staff for enduring my charts, and I promise to continue to serve the division with honor and reason!

1 comment:

L said...

Thanks for supporting the Carnival of the Liberals.