Thursday, May 04, 2006

Paranoid or Under Constant Attack?

Cheney, Energy and Iraq: a conspiracy or just whacked priorities?

Plame, Bush and Iran: a conspiracy or really unfortunate coincidence?

student patrols with shotguns and video cameras: satire or hysteria?

As Bill Morrissey sings
You can call me lazy, crazy, call me stupid, I don't care;
I ain't gettin' up, cause its dangerous out there.


Supplement: I have the greatest respect for those who have the intestinal fortitude to wade into rough comments and actually call people on their bloodlust and medievalism.

I really do think that there's a decent, moderate core to politics in this country, and that we need to be much more vocal about who we are and what we think.

2 comments:

reader_iam said...

Good Lord.

I guess supporting an armed student militia would be the "near" part of "near-pacifist."

Words fail.

Ahistoricality said...

The problem is that there's no new information in this article (which I got from you, of course) which leads me to conclude that the connection is deliberate, merely that, as you noted before, it's incredibly inconvenient.

On the other hand, you can say anything you like about Dick Cheney and I'll believe it.....

reader_iam: I am still, in my heart of hearts, hoping that someone will jump out at SUNY-NP and yell "April Fools" because otherwise I'm going to be really afraid.