Tuesday, January 24, 2006

On Continuing Education

This is what I love about the internet. Here's the latest edition of the Grand Rounds the medical bloggers' carnival, and there's tons of stuff that's actually useful to me, a non-doctor, non-scientist. There's a tough post on parental love for "flawed" progeny, a look at the Oh, by the way scheduling problem, the challenge of diagnosis via Google, a discussion of existing and proposed "junk food" taxes, a news story about gay activists (who I usually support) knowingly providing possibly tainted blood in South Africa, and, for those of you who -- like me -- feel withdrawal when your favorite bloggers take breaks, a little note about internet addiction.

It's like sitting in on a really smart conversation. I don't read Grand Rounds every time it comes through, but when I do I'm always a bit better for it, as a medical consumer.

No comments: